9.25.2007

Circle

I used to hate the band that sang this:

I quit.
I give up.
Nothing's good enough for anybody else, it seems.
And I quit.
I give up.
Nothing's good enough for anybody else, it seems.

And being alone's the best way to be
When I'm by myself it's the best way to be
When I'm all alone it's the best way to be
When I'm by myself nobody else can say

Goodbye.

Everything is temporary anyway.
When the streets are wet
The colors slip into the sky
But I don't know why
That means you and I are, that means you and I...

...quit.
I give up.
Nothing's good enough for anybody else, it seems.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An ominous post, Bob M.

One could try and read between the lines and come up with any number of suggestions as to what it is you're trying to say. Maybe all you're saying is that you used to hate that band, and now you don't. Which would be nice. It's good to have a little less hate in the world.

There a lot of things I hope your post doesn't mean.

Andrew H.

P.S. I love your music.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Josh Cole said...

I used to be a part of your circle of friends.
Kind of.

Love,
Josh Cole

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home